1. Use your file supervisor Sci Burg or favored FTP client to locate a report named error_log and delete it. If you’ve got by no means finished this cleanup earlier than, probabilities are the report length is already strolling into GBs which impacts the server reaction.
2. Next, disable your hit monitoring tools inclusive of AWStats, Webalizer as mainly bloggers use Google Analytics type of consumer facet monitoring code.
four. Next, you need to ensure that your static content (consisting of subject pix) is downloaded faster with the aid of setting the content material expiry period on them for an extended duration. You can create.Htaccess documents in respective folders with proper ExpriresDefault putting (Exact content material of access isn’t always in the scope of this article)
Now transferring directly to the WordPress blog settings and subject optimization part.
Five. As a first step, test your topic is whether it has non-performing code including ‘Featured posts’ which now and again loop thru the posts series twice. Even the ones so-called search engine marketing optimized and expert themes have several non-appearing code portions. Another associated tip here is to apply the default ‘greater’ tag feature than the topic’s personal good judgment to show put up excerpts.
6. Next, you have to run through all your plugins and not simply disable but delete all unwanted plugins. You have to be very careful in selecting your WordPress plugins and as a good deal as viable, hold the variety of plugins below 12 or even 10. Another crucial factor right here is to keep away from plugins that use full-size database storage. For instance, some associate and content link advertising plugins from time to time really duplicate your posts. As inside the case of the theme, non-performing plugins calls for code smooth up as nicely.
7. Reducing the variety of posts on the domestic page will truely make your homepage load faster. You should arrive at a superior variety of posts to reveal based totally on the general payload of your homepage. Something like 5-6 posts is good.
8. Usage of photos desires to be optimized subsequent. As a great deal as viable, you haver to reduce the quantity of pictures in line with page to underneath 10 or so. You have to mention the size (width and peak) of the photograph each time you use them to help smooth and rapid rendering by way of the browser. Also, in no way ever use formats inclusive of BMP but go for greater compressed GIF or PNG photo formats.
Bonus tip: Gravatar is something that you use very regularly in your WordPress commenting feature. When a particular commenter would not have a Gravatar photograph, normally it causes a redirection to fetch the default Gravatar image. When you have 10 such commenters, it’s far causing numerous redirect requests. You can optimize this via selecting the Discussion settings from your WordPress admin panel. Use ‘Gravatar emblem’ in preference to the ‘Mystery guy’ as the default avatar. This reasons the image to be automatically generated as opposed to inflicting HTTP redirects.